Sunday 7 February 2016

Identities and Film: blog task

In 1954, the researchers Manfred Kuhn and Thomas McPartland conducted an experiment, known as the TST (Twenty Statements Test) in which they asked the participants to answer the question “Who am I?” twenty times. People would be encouraged to think of all the different roles they have in their lives. The test reveals that people don’t have one single identity, but many identities that they move in and out of depending on the situation they find themselves in.

I Am A Male (Social groups and classifications)
I Am A Teenager (Social groups and classifications)
I Am A Student (Social groups and classifications)
I Am A Videographer (Interests)
I Am A Photographer (Interests)
I Am Creative (Self-evaluations)
I Am Interested In Music (Interests)
I Am A Gamer (Interests)
I Am Friendly (Self-evaluations)
I Am Funny (Self-evaluations)
I Am Ambitious (Ambitions)
I Am Full Of Life (Self-evaluations)
I Am Fun (Self-evaluations)
I Am Generous (Self-evaluations)
I Am Relaxed (Self-evaluations)
I Am Someone Who Thinks Out The Box
I Am Not Religious (Ideological beliefs)
I Am Helpful (Self-evaluations)
I Am Appreciative (Self-evaluations)
I Am Loyal (Self-evaluations)


Gone Girl is one of my favourite films due to the cinematography and great dramatic narrative, i am someone who loves stories that are highly creative, unique and gripping. A story that has a great twist is what can make it my favourite film. Although the biggest reason why it is my favourite film is due to the actual filmmaking and look of the film, it is my favourite type of cinematography which is simply but stunning, it helps give the story a vision in its most accurate way.

LGBT Films:
Wilde (1997, dir. Brian Gilbert)
Philadelphia (1993, dir. Jonathan Demme) 
The Wedding Banquet (1993, dir. Ang Lee) 
The Kids are Alright (2010, dir. Lisa Cholodenko) 
Pride (2014, dir. Matthew Warchus)










No comments:

Post a Comment